Congregational Life programming is about fostering a congregational culture that sustains engagement, participation, and relationship in the life of the church. It is about nurturing and supporting the Met Family.
Congregational life is organized by a variety of sub-committees and groups including: the Hospitality Sub-committee, the Met Care Team, the Affirming Life Group, Membership Sub-Committee, Adult Children of Ageing Parents, the Social Events group, Spiritual Formation and Growth Groups, and Bible Study groups.
These groups facilitate a wide range of activities including:
- maintaining our membership records,
- visiting shut-ins when it is appropriate, sending cards and flowers at Easter and Christmas,
- staying in touch with members during times of illness and bereavement.
- making hospital visits when requested
- celebrating special events in people's lives and in the life of the church.
Special events throughout the year include:
- A spring and fall retreat
- After Service Coffee Hours
- Prayer Covenanting
- Pancake Mardi Gras Brunch,
- Annual Meeting
- Easter Brunch,
- June BBQ,
- the Kirkin of the Tartan,
- Christmas Lunch
- Movie Nights were held
- A Church Picnic
- Bryce Family Sunday
- Special Speakers throughout the year
- Saturday breakfasts
- The Gay Pride Parade (with a church float)
- Many more events!