In this service we will read Luke’s account of a sassy 12 year-old Jesus having a grand time in his “father’s house." Rev. Meyers' sermon “Home in the Diaspora” will examine the importance of having a spiritual homebase in the pilgrimage of our lives. A special invitation will also be extended to the congregation over the Christmas season.
- Prelude: Various (Balbastre; Buxtehude; Held; arr. Oxley; D'Aquin)
- Readings: 1 Samuel 2:18–20, 26; Colossians 3:12–17; Luke 2:41–52
- Ding Dong Merrily on High (French Carol, arr. Wood)
- Slumber, My Little One (Alsatian Carol, arr. Vann)
- Sermon: "Home in the Diaspora"
- Offertory Music: Rocking (Czech carol, arr. Shaw)
- Postlude: From Heaven Above to Earth I Come (Pachelbel)