While every service of worship should be about love, love takes on particular prominence this week with Jesus’ new commandment found in John 13:31-35: "Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another." In this week's sermon we will see how this commandment, and the nudges of the Holy Spirit, can lead Christians to break down traditional barriers of difference and empower us to become agents of God’s love in the world.
- Prelude: Various
- Readings: Acts 11:1-8; Psalm 148; John 13:31–35
- Song: This is my Commandment (Welwyn)
- Locus Iste (Bruckner)
- River of Dreams (Sealy/Hill)
- Offertory: Sarabande from BWV 1004 (J.S. Bach)
- Sermon: “9 Words"
- Postlude: Cortège Académique (MacMillan)