In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul writes "Food will not bring us close to God.” And he’s right - there is no God-aioli or Jesusberry smoothie that will magically transport us into the divine realm just by eating it. But as is his way, Paul takes something as specific as a sandwich and uses it to delve into the universal and transcendent. In this week’s sermon, “Superfood”, The Rev. Jason Meyers explores a Christ-centred approach to food and challenge us to consider the wide-ranging implications of our next meal.
- Prelude: Toccata in E (J.S. Bach)
- Readings: Deuteronomy 18:15-20; Psalm 111; 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
- Virtual Anthem: The Road Home (Paulus)
- Solo: Come to the Waters (Handel)
- Postlude: Carillon de Westminster (Vierne)
Photo: A Visit (Swanson)