Gifts to Metropolitan United Church transform lives. Generous donations from our friends and community help us to:
- assist the disadvantaged of downtown Toronto by providing counselling, clothing, food, and housing in Christ's name;
- continue a long tradition of meaningful worship and great preaching;
- develop effective educational programs so that all may grow in wisdom and spiritual well-being;
- encourage a renowned program of outstanding instrumental and choral music for all ages;
- maintain a heritage building that is used every day of the week;
- provide a safe and nurturing community — for everyone;
- reach out to the lonely and troubled by providing nurture and practical support.
Gifts to Metropolitan make a difference — a real and tangible difference. For assistance, please contact Elena in the church office at 416-363-0331, ext. 29 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Give
- Donate Online. Click here to fill out our online donation form.
- Pre-Authorized Payments. Set up monthly deductions from your bank account. For more information, contact Elena at the church office: 416-363-0331, ext. 29 or email@example.com.
- Cheque. You may provide post-dated cheques to the church or give periodically by cheque either in person or through the mail: Metropolitan United Church, 56 Queen St. E.,Toronto, Ontario M5C 2Z3.
- During Service. The church provides offering envelopes during service. You can add your cheque or cash gift to these envelopes. These green envelopes can be found in the pews.
- Gifts of Publicly Listed Securities. Gifts of publicly listed bonds, mutual funds, shares, and stocks to Metropolitan are easy to arrange and can provide you with significant tax savings. Gifts of securities often enable you to make larger gifts without having an impact on your annual income. Please call the church office to arrange.
- Legacy Giving. Legacy (planned) gifts such as annuities, bequests, gifts of insurance, or trusts benefit both the church and the donor. You may make a gift of any amount and direct it to any area of our church's work. Legacy gifts can also result in significant tax savings for your estate. When you leave a legacy gift to Metropolitan you are automatically a member of the honorary Metropolitan Legacy Circle. To explore ideas, please contact Doug Flanders at (416) 769-2746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Tax Purposes
Metropolitan United is a congregation of The United Church of Canada and a registered Canadian charity. Our charitable registration number is 129946588RR0001.
Metropolitan will issue you a tax receipt at year-end for gifts of $20.00 or more. The more you give, the greater the tax benefit. A gift of $100.00 provides you with a $20.00 credit towards your income tax; a gift of $1,000.00 gives you a $361.00 credit; a gift of $10,000 provides you with a tax credit of almost $4,000.
Thank you for your gifts.