Three huts, radiant faces, luminous clothes, whirlwinds and chariots are all part of Sunday's readings on this day we call Transfiguration Sunday. As laid down by Mark, we are told the stories this week of prophetic leadership succession, from Moses to Elijah to Jesus, based on their intimate connection/encounter with the one we all God. How do these frankly far out stories feed our faith today? The sermon from The Rev. Karen Bowles is entitled "Succession Duty."
- Carillon Prelude: Gavotte and Double (De Fesh arr. Buchanan/Weinstein)
- Prelude: Various (Togni; J.S. Bach)
- Readings: 2 Kings 2:1-12; Exodus 34: 29-35; Mark 9:2-9
- Anthem: 'Tis Winter Now (Halley)
- Solo: Gonna Build A Mountain (Bricusse/Newley)
- Postlude: “Alleluias” From Five Liturgical Inventions for Organ (Togni)