This week we welcome Timothy Wisnicki, Context in Ministry Student, as our guest preacher.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Chances are, you've heard John 3:16 at funerals, seen it on streetcars, perhaps been beaten over the head with it as someone tried to make you "believe harder." This Sunday, let's try to hear it afresh. Like the Israelites in the wilderness, we'll dare to "look up" at the thing we most fear, and wonder at what God might be doing behind it.·
- Prelude: Various (Boëllmann; Reger)
- Readings: Numbers 21:4-9; Ephesians 2:1-10; John 3:14-21
- Sermon: "Look Up - Way Up!" (Timothy Wisnicki)
- Solo: In Paradisum from Requiem (Fauré, arr. Naumoff)
- Postlude: Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni arr. S. Drummond Wolff)