The prophet Jeremiah, who lived through a time of great upheaval and loss, talks of a transition from a law written on stone tablets to one written on the hearts of the people. In this week's sermon, provocatively titled "The ‘Death' of the Church", The Rev. Jason Meyers explores themes of renewal, the intimacy of God, and the Christian responsibility to love one another, especially in times of upheaval and loss.
- Prelude: Various (J.S. Bach)
- Readings: Jeremiah 31:31–34; Psalm 51:1–12; John 12:20–33
- Anthem: Miserere (from Psalm 51; Allegri)
- Solo: “Prelude” from Suite in G Major for cello
- Postlude: Fugue in G Minor (J.S. Bach)