The Book of Acts tells us that the very first thing that the disciples of Jesus did after his ascension was to form a church committee with adequate representation and achievable quorum. The church was the church right from the start! In this week's sermon entitled "The Unchosen", The Rev. Jason Meyers will explore the difference between being chosen and being called, and how Jesus's ongoing ministry is built upon a diversity of gifts.
- Carillon: A Little Prelude and Fugue (Knox)
- Prelude: Various (Bales; J.S. Bach; J.N. Lemmens)
- Readings: Acts 1:15–17, 21–26; 1 John 5:9–13; John 17:6–19
- Sermon: "The Unchosen"
- Choristers: Hand Me Down My Silver Trumpet (Spiritual, arr. Ashworth Bartle)
- Solo: The Call (Vaughn Williams, arr. Stein)
- Postlude: Fanfare (J.N. Lemmens)
The prelude begins at approximately 10:45 a.m. The service is available on our livestream page at metunited.ca/live.
Photo: Carving of the disciples in Met’s communion table.