We, being well settled, know that life makes sense and God is well placed in heaven, presiding but not bothering. Our reading of scripture takes us from being settled, to being painfully unsettled then surprisingly getting resettled. The kingdom of Jesus is not of this world. Our guest preacher this week is Tina Conlon, with members of the Peace and Social Justice Committee helping lead us in worship.
- Prelude: Various (Buxtehude; Langlais; J.S. Bach)
- Readings: Psalm 93; Revelations 1:4b-8; John 18:33-37; Daniel 7:9-10. 13-14
- Sermon: “Settling into the Kingdom of Jesus"
- Christ Whose Glory (Bissell)
- “How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place” from Requiem (Brahms)
- Offertory: Lord, Make Me an Instrument (Willcocks)
- Postlude: Te Deum (Langlais)