Manifesting a comically large amount of wine for already tipsy partygoers seems like a curious way for Jesus to start his public ministry. And yet, according to John's gospel, that's exactly what he does. In this week's sermon, "The Party Table," Rev. Meyers delves into what Jesus' first miracle teaches us about God and God's dream for God's people (hint: it includes a boatload of joy).
- Prelude: Various (J.S. Bach; Walther)
- Readings: Isaiah 62:1–5; 1 Corinthians 12:1–12; John 2:1–12
- Anthem: Jesus Christ the Appletree (Poston)
- Solo: "Benedictus" from Kleine Orgelmesse (F.J. Haydn)
- Sermon: "The Party Table"
- Postlude: Choral Song (Wesley)