In this letter to the Corinthians, Paul compares the church to the living body of Christ. In Rev. Meyers’ sermon this week, “Corpus Connect-us,” we will dig into this metaphor, how subversive it is to a culture based on wealth and status, and how all followers of Jesus are called to help fulfill his dual mission of liberation and belonging.
- Prelude: Various (Metropolitan Silver Band)
- Readings: Nehemiah 8:1–3, 5–6, 8–10; 1 Corinthians 12:12–31a; Luke 4:14–21
- Anthem: 'Tis Winter Now (Halley)
- Solo: “Ich Habe Genug” from Cantata no. 82 (J.S. Bach)
- Sermon: "Corpus Connect-us"
- Silver Band Offertory: Deep River (Trad.)
- Postlude: Every Time I Feel the Spirit (Trad.)