Jesus uses parables to expose hidden assumptions his listeners are carrying. In this week's service we will see how the parable of the fig tree can be seen as an urgent call to recognize misinformation and turn away from "that which does not satisfy" (Isa 55:2).
- Prelude: Various (J.S. Bach; Rheinberger;
- Readings: Isaiah 55:1–9; Psalm 63:1–8; Luke 13:1–9
- Sicut Cervus (Palestrina)
- Lass dich nur nichts nicht dauren (Brahms)
- Offertory: O Come, Everyone That Thirsteth (Mendelssohn)
- Sermon: "One More Year" (The Rev. Jason Meyers)
- Postlude: Toccata in D Minor (Dorian) (J.S. Bach)