On this Peace and Social Justice/Reign of Christ Sunday, we consider the ministry of Jesus among those living on the margins. Jim Harbell’s sermon “The Gift of Location” will share some his background to his call to ministry, particularly his work among ex-prisoners, and reflect upon Met’s role as a justice-seeking ministry at the corner of Church and Queen.
- Piano Prelude: Sonata in F minor (C.P. E. Bach); Mad World (Buka)
- Readings: Jeremiah 23: 1-6; Colossians 1: 11-20; Luke 23: 32-43
- Sermon: “The Gift of Location” (Jim Harbell)
- My Mother is the Ocean Sea (Hemsworth)
- Jauchzet dem Herren (Schütz)
- Offertory: The Hammer Song (Seeger arr. Hayes)
- Postlude: Finale, from Symphonie I (Vierne)
Great Heart, our youth band, returns this week with two musical offerings, and Lexie Victoria Landerkin presents a prelude from the piano.