In this week’s service, we read the highly evocative stories of Ezekiel’s vision of the valley of the dry bones and John’s wondrous account of the raising of Lazarus. Rev. Meyers’s sermon “3 a.m.” explores the hopeful challenge to believe that the maker of all things could actually feel what we feel.
- Prelude: Évocation à la Chapelle Sixtine (Liszt)
- Readings: Ezekiel 37:1–14; Romans 8:6–11; John 11:1–45
- God so loved the world (Chilcott)
- Listen to the Lambs (Dett)
- Sermon: “3 a.m.” (Rev. Jason Meyers)
- Offertory: Erwäge doch, from Brockes Passion (Handel)
- Postlude: Prelude in D Minor, op. 37 no.3/1 (Mendelssohn)