Sunday’s story of broadcasting seed, with details so familiar to the crowd who come to hear Jesus, seems to ask us these two questions at least:
1. What kind of soil are you?
2. What kind of Sower are you?
The tricky part is that, from moment to moment, any of us can be any of the four soils that the story describes.
Join us this Sunday to explore and unpack this parable of Jesus.
- Prelude: Trio Sonata No. 1, BWV 525 (J.S. Bach)
- Reading: Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
- Sermon: “Anyone With Ears, Listen!” (The Rev. Mark Aitchison)
- Solo: Lord God of Abraham from Elijah
- Postlude: Finale from Symphonie No. 1 (Maquaire)