Why did Jesus speak in parables? What was he trying to teach, evoke and inspire with these stories he seemed to spin from a place beyond time and season? And, what might we be missing if we simply approach them with an “I like this. I don’t like that.” mindset? In this week’s sermon “Snake oil & Dragon fire”, Rev. Meyers will explore the character of our discipleship through the lens of the parable of the Ten Bridesmaids in Matthew 25.
- Organ Prelude: Variations on Ontwaak, gij die slaapt (Bolt)
- Readings: Wisdom of Solomon 6:12-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Matthew 25:1-13
- Selig sind die Toten (Schütz)
- Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme (J.S. Bach)
- Sermon: “Snake oil & Dragon fire” (Rev. Jason Meyers)
- Offertory: O Love, be Deep (MacNutt)
- Postlude: Toccata Giocosa (Mathias)