We gather for this solemn and powerful service to walk with Jesus to Golgotha and encounter his crucifixion and death on the cross.
The Good Friday service is part of the ancient Triduum, marking the three sacred days leading up to Easter.
- Prelude: Various (Scheidemann; J.S. Bach)
- Introit: Were You There (Spiritual arr. Oldengarm)
- Readings: Isaiah 52:13-53:12; John 18:1-19:30 (selected verses); John 19:38-42
- Anthems: In Manus Tuas (Pujol); By the waters of Babylon (Daley)
- Sermon: “Out of anguish we see light” (Jim Harbell)
The cornerstone of our week, worship at 11am is offered under the leadership of Minister of Worship and Faith Formation The Rev. Jason Francis Meyers, Minister of Congregational Care and Outreach Jim Harbell (SME), Minister of Music Dr. Jonathan Oldengarm, Wayne C. Vance Organ Scholar Joshua Duncan Lee and the Metropolitan Choir.
Our traditional Good Friday concert, Handel: Brockes Passion, takes place April 7 at 7:30pm.