Some scripture passages should come with a “handle with care” warning sticker. This week’s Gospel story where Jesus talks about divorce is one one of them. In his sermon “The Third Promise-Maker,” Rev. Meyers explores the meaning beneath the words, and how God is always working to unite in love.
- Prelude: Various (J.S. Bach; F.D. Clark)
- Readings: Genesis 2:18-24; Hebrews 1:1–4; 2:5–12; Mark 10:1–16
- Sermon: “The Third Promise-Maker"
- Ave Verum Corpus (Martin)
- The Invited (Bird)
- Postlude: We All Believe in One True God (J. S. Bach)