For many of us, food is a central part of the Thanksgiving holiday, but how much attention is paid to the land that yields it? In his sermon this week “The Soil Story,” Rev. Meyers explores how the land is intertwined with the faith story of the Bible, and how we are invited into a place-based relationship with God.
- Prelude: Various (Piutti; J.S. Bach/Kauffman; Hand)
- Readings: Joel 2:21–27; 1 Timothy 2:1–7; Matthew 6:25–33
- Sermon: “The Soil Story"
- Jubilate Deo (Britten)
- Thou Visitest the Earth (Greene)
- Offertory: “All Good Gifts” from Godspell (Schwartz)
- Postlude: Now Thank We All Our God (Karg-Elert)
Photo: Met in Autumn - Photo by Rev. Meyers