The Fourth Sunday of Advent focuses on the Annunciation. The Annunciation is pure announcement: "THIS is WHO God needs us to be." The Annunciation is a reminder that our God does holy work in very ordinary ways, through very ordinary people. God takes lives that seem ordinary, and makes them into vessels of beauty, vessels through which God can minister to the world. Through the Annunciation the angel Gabriel delivers the punch line: "Nothing will be impossible with God."
- Prelude: Various (Bédard; Brahms; J.S. Bach)
- Readings: Micah 5:2-5a; Luke 1:46b-55; Luke 1:39-45
- Over the mountains (Eccard)
- Patapan (Trad. arr. Mechem)
- Sermon: "Passion in Palestine"
- Postlude: In Dulci Jubilo (J.S. Bach)