In this, our Second Sunday in Lent, we encounter Jesus lamenting over the holy city of Jerusalem and expressing his desire to protect its inhabitants like a hen with her chicks. In these difficult days, we explore how allowing Christ to stand before us, like a fearsome mama-bird, can bring disruption to harmful cycles of injustice, violence and hatred.
- Prelude: Various (Mendelssohn; J.S. Bach; W.A. Mozart)
- Readings: Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18; Psalm 27; Luke 13:31–35
- I Waited for the Lord (Mendelssohn)
- Awake, Timid Soul (Murray, text by Orr)
- Handbell Offertory: Abide With Me (arr. Moats)
- Sermon: "Christ Before Me" (The Rev. Jason Meyers)
- Postlude: Fugue from Sonata II in C minor (Mendelssohn)