|In this week's service where we are invited to lift up the contributions of those of African descent, we will hear music from Black composers and encounter prophetic words from Black church leaders such as Dr. Delores S. Williams, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II. Rev. Meyers's sermon, "Prophetic Imagination", will challenge us to critique current injustices while also imagining a hopeful vision for the future modelled on the person of Jesus.
- Prelude: Various (Price; Sowande; Adams)
- Readings: Isaiah 58:1-12; 1 Corinthians 2:1-12; Matthew 5:13-20
- Presentation of Christ in the Temple (Eccard)
- Precious Lord, take my Hand (Dorsey arr. Carter)
- Sermon: "Prophetic Imagination" (The Rev. Jason Meyers)
- Offertory: Forever (Florence B. Price)
- Postlude: Go Down, Moses (arr. Handy)