Look at the World features music from Canada and beyond performed by the musical groups at Metropolitan United Church. Popular numbers include "Just as I Am" by Bob Chilcott, "River of Dreams" by Joe Sealy and Dan Hill. Classical pieces include music by Maurice Duruflé and Srul Irving Glick. For fans of Metropolitan's Cassavant organ, there's an arrangement of Elgar's “Nimrod” from the Enigma Variations. Metropolitan's Ben Stein and Ryan Jackson contribute original pieces. Several songs take the listener to Africa for a very different kind of music. Featured artists include the Metropolitan Choir, Cherub Choir, Choristers, CIC Ensemble, Handbells, Carillon, and Organ.
Purchase your CD now. You can pick the CD up from the church or have it mailed for an extra $4.
- Children, go where I send thee Gospel spiritual, arr. Paul Caldwell and Sean Ivory.
- River of Dreams, Joe Sealy and Dan Hill, arr. Debbie Fleming.
- Just as I am, Bob Chilcott.
- Let us break bread together, arr. Dan R. Edwards.
- Look at the World, John Rutter.
- Notre PÃƒÂ, Ryan Jackson.
- Ubi caritas, Maurice Duruflé.
- City called Heaven, gospel spiritual, arr. Josephine Poelinitz.
- Great Heart Johnny Clegg, arr. Benjamin Stein.
- Highland Cathedral Trad. Piping tune, arr. James D. Wetherald.
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations, Edward Elgar, arr. Harris.
- Avinu Malkeinu, Srul Irving Glick.
- Wana baraka Traditional Kenyan, arr. Shawn Kirchner.
- A Celtic Prayer, Barry Peters.
- When the stars fall, Stephen Hatfield.
- My Lord, what a Morning, spiritual arr. William Dawson.
- Fantaisie sur O Canada, Denis Bedard.
- One More Colour, Jane Siberry, arr. Benjamin Stein.
- Jabula Jesu, Zulu song, arr. Stephen Hatfield.
- Discipline, Benjamin Stein.
- Poor, Wayfaring Stranger arr. Wendel Westcott.