Touch the Hem includes a wide range of music, from a song by Thomas Tallis written 400 years ago to a soprano solo of "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." There are pieces from the Metropolitan Silver Band, for Celtic harp, and two numbers for Metropolitan's 54-bell carillon. Many of the numbers feature Metropolitan's celebrated choir, singing both traditional and modern songs.
Purchase your CD now. You can pick the CD up from the church or have it mailed for an extra $4.
- I sing the mighty power, Ellacombe, arr. Gerald Martindale (Carillon).
- Praise to the Lord, Lobe den Herren, arr. Ken Allen (Band/organ).
- Salmo 150, Ernani Aguiar (Choir).
- Touch the Hem of His Garment, Sam Cooke, arr. Ben Stein (Solo).
- Do not stand at my grave and weep, from "Requiem" Eleanor Daley (Choir).
- St. Patrick, arr. Janet Gadeski (Celtic harp).
- Alleluia from the "Brazilian Psalm," Jean Berger (Choir).
- He's got the whole world in His hand, arr. Margaret Bonds (Solo).
- Sicut cervus, G.P. da Palestrina (Choir).
- Art thou troubled, G.F. Handel (Solo).
- Were you there, Crawford R. Thoburn (Choir).
- I got me flowers from "Five Mystical Songs," R. Vaughan Williams (Solo).
- Rise up, my love, Healey Willan (Choir).
- If ye love me, Thomas Tallis (Choir).
- Now the spring has come again (Duet).
- Every time I feel the spirit, Spiritual, arr. William Dawson (Choir).
- Abide with me Eventide, Barbershop quartet (Quartet).
- Thanksgiving Kremser (Band).
- Hashtah bagalah, Traditional Hebrew (Choir).
- Intonation for Easter Jesus Christ is risen today, Easter hymn, arr. Ken Allen (Band/organ).
- Lead on, O King eternal, Lancashire, arr. Beverly Buchanan (Carillon)